AWS IoT is an IoT platform which lets users connect their devices to AWS services. AWS offers it in two logical components
- IoT Core
- Device Management Services
IoT Core provides:
- Secure bi-directional communication between internet connected devices such as sensors, micro-controllers and AWS Cloud services.
Device Management Services are:
- Modules which help in registering, authenticating devices.
- Helps users create logical grouping of devices.
- Run jobs on multiple such devices and receive it’s output.
Both of these logical components combine together to form a complete offering by AWS.